1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Abidre, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Abidre

Abidre Thread Starter

Hello guys I am new to this forum. I have a really ig problem. My computer keeps rebooting!! I have replaced my motherboard...my memory, cpu and video card. etc. checks out well on other motherboards. I formatted my hardrive, reloaded windows (painstakingly cause it keeps rebooting then too), tried a HD someone wasn't using..still keeps rebooting...Even though I've finally loaded XP...still reboots..randomly..getting error messages about it may be my hardware, IP or something else..can't recall at this pt in time...checked my boot log...which says some drivers haven't been loading..specifically...Did not load driver Processor.Did not load driver Audio Codecs..and some more of those..and at the end there's Did not load driver AFD.SYS..a lot of times.. I Need HELP this is driving me up a wall.

2. rugrat

rugrat

My guess is the power supply is faulty. Sounds like you have eliminated anything else. Do you have a spare you can try?

Let us know

3. Abidre

Abidre Thread Starter

Nope..not power supply..replaced that as well...brand new.

4. rugrat

rugrat

Post the error message the next time you get the reboot, could help us figure this out.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Check the temps in the bios setup for the cpu. Also, restart in safe mode and see if it still reboots from there.

6. Abidre

Abidre Thread Starter

ok this is basically my error message after my computer reboots:

Error Signature Code

BCCode : 50 BCP1 : FFE2C648 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BFF21BB3

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Reporting Details

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Windows when the problem occurred, The operating system version and computer hardware in use, and the IP address of your computer.

The following files will be included in this error report:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042804-03.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\RACHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

7. ~Candy~

Temps? Safemode?

8. dai

dai

install sp1 and turn off the auto reboot and post the error code that comes up,which will be different to the one you have posted

9. Abidre

Abidre Thread Starter

I will have to check out what AcaCandy and Dai said when I get home...but one more thing...I got a Blue Screen of Death saying Driver IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL..THEN SOME CODE 0X0000000D1..and some more code..just in case this may be useful...
    I'm thinking it may not be a OS problem as the machine kept rebooting even while i was trying to install the OS.

10. ~Candy~

Really sounds like heat to me.......or possibly bad ram.

11. dai

dai

this points to a driver,what have you installed recently

12. ~Candy~

But dai, if it happens while trying to install an OS too????

13. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

If your motherboard supports it, boost the vdimm voltage up a notch, if you still get errors during the first 24 hours, try loosening the memory settings, if you still get errors try setting the memory ratio down to a slower speed.

The errors experienced installing the OS and drivers may be caused by read errors from bad memory, which is my best guess of what's happening. If you leave the machine like this, sooner or later the bad memory will corrupt the registry hive of the OS.

14. Abidre

Abidre Thread Starter

Hey guys I haven't gotten a chance to try your suggestions really. but i did reseat my mem. and the comp has been working fine for just over an hour..normally it would have rebooted by now. I'll monitor it for the next few days and see what goes on..I'll keep you posted.

15. dai

dai

acacandy
    yes i missed that point

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice