1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Keeps Rebooting !!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by faiz, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faiz

faiz Thread Starter

Greetings !

All the problems started with the new graphics card fx 5700, the card was bad and i got a replacement. Triple6 had helped me with the diagnosis.
    Now I can't seem to get my second card working (random reboots and driver errors, errors on nvidia drivers

Finally I took out my card and put back the old mx 440 and formatted the drive, did a fresh install of xp and sp 1.
    Still I get random reboots. Many a times the computer will reboot before
    loadong windows.
    I ran memtest all night no errors. Took out my ethernet card still the same problem.

Just a thought , is it possible that the fx5700 had damaged the agp port, is there a way I can check my agp port?
    Apart from the 4in1 Via is there any further agp setting for via boards that I can use ?

please give me a solution to this problem I don't want to go buy a new mb.

My config
    xp pro
    amd 1.8
    dfi ad 73 pro
    ram 256 x 2
    80 gb
    gforce mx440
    sb live , firewire, tv tuner, ethernet.

faiz

2. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Hi,

What kind of power supply are you using (wattage and brand name)?
    This information might help us to know what is going on in your computer.

3. lordspif

lordspif

I had the same problem with a new mother board I bought a few months back. I ran all the diagnostics and everything. What finally tipped me off was when I put a pci video card into my system and eveything worked great. No lock-ups, driver errors or anything. If it's the same problem I had then yes, you will probably need to get a new mother board.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice