1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer keeps restarting after first screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kangu, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kangu

kangu Thread Starter

my dell inspiron n5040 keeps restarting when i switch it on it just goes upto the dell image the black screen then restarts. I am using the windows 7. I av also run diagnostics and every thing is intact. I also tried to reinstall the os but after loading files screen the computer bring a blue screen with the following message:
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.
    Technical Information:
    *** stop: oxoooooo7b (oxf78be524, oxcooooo34, oxoooooooo, oxoooooooo)

2. scobareric

scobareric Banned

The problem is usually cause by AHCI/RAID mode of SATA controller. Enter BIOS art startup, go to "Integrated Periferals" or something similar where you can find the "SATA Mode" option and change it from AHCI to ATA or IDE or what looks like that. :)

3. kangu

kangu Thread Starter

i was able to get into the bios and for sure the sata mode is set to AHCI bt i couldnt change because its asking for admin password which i dont have

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1113828