1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer keeps reverting to old restore point

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Wakenaam, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wakenaam

Wakenaam Thread Starter

Friends: I am running Windows XP Pro. My computer would occasionally revert to an old restore point, like a month ago. I would re-boot, and it would re-assert itself to the present state. However, now it has reverted to a restore point in November 2006, and I cannot get it back to the present state. I have important e-mails which I would like to access, but cannot. Please tell me how can I forward my PC to the present state and how to prevent this from happening again. Thanks a lot.

2. Iceworx

Iceworx

Please be more detailed, from what I´m reading I have understood that
    Your computer automatically uses the system restore feature ?. When though, when you start up ? when you shut down ? in between ?
    And then when you reboot it goes back to its present state ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!