1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer keeps shuting down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by will182, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. will182

will182 Banned Thread Starter

i have not had this computer long well i buitl it and sometimes my computer keeps randomly shutting down and then i got to turn my computer on and off about 4 times untill the monitor comes on and when it does come on this screen comes on and at the bottom it says waringin cpu settings have bieng changed, please reenter them in the cmos setup i have an intel 865pe infinity motherboard and an intel celeron d 2.8ghz proceccor and a 160gb hdd (33gb of this hard drive has dissapeard into thing air i dont know why) and a 256mb graphics card (g fx 5200 pci)

2. winbob

winbob

Will,

I already addressed your HD question in your other Thread.

When you boot up does the Processor get reported correctly?

How had you modified the settings in the BIOS...OC'ed?

Are your date/clock settings staying accurate? Sounds like the CMOS battery gave out and you are not holding the settings? :confused:

3. will182

yes they are

4. winbob

winbob

What about my OC'ing question?

ANYTHING OC'ed?

5. will182

no the only thing overclocked is the graphics card and it aint overheating becouse i have a temperature censor on the fan and it is operating between 29 and 33 celsius and the system temp is about 30 celsius and processor temp is about 50 celsius and 60 to 70 on games witch is about right and shut down temp is about 90 celsius

6. winbob

winbob

Will,

I'm tempted to say, "Ah HA"! Why do you think that I asked, "ANYTHING OC'ed?

For futures, you can't hold back info like that and expect to get meaningful responses. :rolleyes:

When I first read your Post I thought that the Video Card may be the problem, since you said, "and then i got to turn my computer on and off about 4 times untill the monitor comes on"!

Sure sounds like a cool down period to me! :cool:

I would un-OC the card and see how the system reacts.

If you want to stick with, "the only thing overclocked is the graphics card and it aint overheating becouse i have a temperature censor on the fan and it is operating between 29 and 33 celsius"

That's your choice, but I'm betting on the Video Card. There are more components on the card than just the GPM!!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice