1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Keeps Switching Off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mistletoe&Wine, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistletoe&Wine

Mistletoe&Wine Thread Starter

Hiya Everyone,
    I turned on my computer about a few weeks ago,Windows XP SP2 started up fine and then the whole thing just turned off,It never shut down just an immediate switch off,I tried taking out the memory,graphics card to see if it was a faulty part but nothing worked,I bought a new graphics card with no success,It just keeps doing the same thing,It goes on stays on,It can stay on from 2 seconds to 10 minutes it sometime just switches off but it can last longer sometimes,Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong,Its just a new computer built by someone,It is 2.93GHZ Celeron,200GB Harddrive,512Ram,256MB Graphics,DVDRW Windows XP SP2,Your help would be much appreciated as it was an expensive pc and now its just sitting there,Thanks for any help that is received,

2. Mistletoe&Wine

Mistletoe&Wine Thread Starter

I turned on my computer about a few weeks ago,Windows XP SP2 started up fine and then the whole thing just turned off,It never shut down just an immediate switch off,I tried taking out the memory,graphics card to see if it was a faulty part but nothing worked,I bought a new graphics card with no success,It just keeps doing the same thing,It goes on stays on,It can stay on from 2 seconds to 10 minutes it sometime just switches off but it can last longer sometimes,Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong,Its just a new computer built by someone,It is 2.93GHZ Celeron,200GB Harddrive,512Ram,256MB Graphics,DVDRW Windows XP SP2,Your help would be much appreciated as it was an expensive pc and now its just sitting there,Thanks for any help that is received,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/661125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice