Computer keyboard and mouse randomly stops working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Odyssey2dawn

Hiya I am having some problems with my pc... if i don't use the keyboard and mouse for a while they randomly stop working, in order for them to work again I have to restart my pc.
Does anybody know what could be wrong with my pc? Or how I could fix it?
It is a new refurbished pc, the model being dell optiplex 780 pc.

It is very annoying when I watch a film because after the film the mouse does not work so I have to keep restarting my pc.

Code 43 maybe? I have this issue but not the same, kinda but not. Search on code 43 on Google, should get some help from there, I have tried to fix this issue for almost 3 years not so yeah.

First Name
Liz
Is the keyboard and mouse connected by USB rather than PS/2 ?
If so, in Control Panel select Power.
What plan have you selected? Balanced, Power Saver or High Performance?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online