1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer loading BIOS but giving red screen or no signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Filippos, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filippos

Filippos Thread Starter

Hi dear fellows,

I just connected my brand new PC with the monitor, yet I fail to get windows on the screen.
    The computer turns on, bios is accessible and visible on the screen, yet right after windows screen, the monitor goes bananas - red screens, green screens, blank and all over again. It appears it is trying different resolutions for some reason.
    Any clue what is happening??

The PC has windows 10, six i5 cores and gtx 1050Ti, if that would be of help.

Thanks a bunch!
    Filippos

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, first of all you need to post your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact video card [if installed] exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

If you purchased this as a built system, have you contacted the seller? If you start messing with it, you may void any warranty.
    If you built the system, then we can proceed to attempt some basic troubleshooting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice