1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Locks and Reboots

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by woodyglf, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodyglf

woodyglf Thread Starter

I have now tried everything I know to do. I have updated drivers for both my motherboard and my video card and still am having major crash problems. I spend a lot of time gaming, or did until now, :eek: I will be in game for a short period of time and then all of a sudden my computer will lock up, or lock up and reboot itself.

I use an ATI Radeon X800 Pro video card and a Gigabyte Intel chipset motherboard. Help! :confused:

2. norton850

norton850

Lock ups in games can be many things including other drivers, like audio, overheating, power problems. I assume it's just not one game?

I would start by removing all of your video card drivers, making sure that they are all gone with something like Driver Cleaner. Then reinstall them.

Update audio drivers. Check PS rails in BIOS or with third party utility. Run with side of case off.

3. woodyglf

woodyglf Thread Starter

I have reinstalled all drivers as you suggested. I also took off the cover and cleaned out the box. It appears, based on BIOS data, that my power supply is running almost at max even though it is a 430W supply. I have ordered a new tower, cooling fans, and a stronger power supply with 4 pins vs. the one I have now. Am hoping that is the solution at this point. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice