Computer Locks Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VZehms

I have built a new system for someone running ME.

The computer locks up and one function or operation seems to be the cause. The only way to reset is a complete shutdown and reboot. You cannot do control/alt/delete to shutdown the problem program, you cannot reset the the cuputer with the reset switch.

Every driver is the most recent available for all. Bios, Viatech, and program drivers.

Device mgr reflects no conflicts and windows Help has no errors shown.

It is a spacewalker MB with a 900Mhz AMD duron processor, the bd is ata 100 compatible with a WD HD. The video card is ATI AGP Wonder bd w/32 Mg of ram. Ram is 384-Pc133, floppy drive an a HP9510i Cdrom.

It has plenty of cooling all are running constant. The power supply is 245 watts.

I'm at a loss for a specific cause to this problem.

Vern

Does it do it at random or more in a certain program??

Have you tried going into Msconfig and shutting everything off except System tray and scanreg, and key board if applicable just to see if it is an App that is causing it.... That can help rule out alot of stuff....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online