1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer loops through booting process

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gizbotvas, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gizbotvas

gizbotvas Thread Starter

When I started my computer today it gave me an error I had never seen before "Express Gate was not installed" so I went into BIOS and disabled Express Gate.
    Now when I start my computer, it goes to the Black Screen "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully"
    I tried Safe mode option, Last Known Good Config option, Start Windows Normally- they all have the same result- a loop through the green Asus flash screen (where I can enter Bios if I want), then to the Black Screen. I've never been in a position where I couldn't boot in Safe mode.

Please help, I donate every time you guys help me!
    Don't know what to do.:(

Asus M3a78t, windows7

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi gizbotvas,

Did you try reenabling Express Gate to see if it is intermittent and does not duplicate - and then be able to go into Safe Mode?

-- Tom

3. gizbotvas

gizbotvas Thread Starter

I misspoke, when the computer first turns on, it brings up THIS SCREEN first then starts the loop.

Pri Master: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202J Sb02
    ultra DMA Mode-4
    Pri-Slave: WDC WD1600JB-00REA0 20.00k2o
    Ultra DMA Mode-5, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status OK
    SATA1 Hard Disk: WDC WD6400aaks-00a7b2 01.03b01
    Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status OK

*****Warning: System BOOT Fail *****
    Your system last boot fail or POST interrupted.
    Please enter setup to load default and reboot again.
    Press F1 to Run Setup
    Press F2 to load default values and continue

4. gizbotvas

gizbotvas Thread Starter

After I re-enabled Express Gate it cycled through the boot process and would NOT boot in Safe mode. In fact it returned to the error "Express Gate not installed 8c000002"

I wish it were that easy :(

5. gizbotvas

gizbotvas Thread Starter

I dont know if this matters at all but my hard drive was almost full I had a little message in the lower right hand corner of my screen warning me the Primary drive memory was almost full when i last had the computer functioning.

6. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi gizbotvas,

Sounds like it is time to buy either another drive and offload about 50% of your current drive (or clean it up with content you clearly no longer use or need), or an external drive for backup and extra storage for the same purchase.

You can offload your data by using a Linux Live CD to transfer the contents, and even mount the NTFS WinXP drive to the new storage.

If you are unable to get the system to boot up, you may need to take your system to a computer shop and determine if you have a hardware problem which may be the problem your system is experiencing.

I suggest you get on another system and search for: Express Gate +bootup problems

getting 2 weird errors on startup, help please.

''Xpress Gate is not installed on this computer''.

The 2nd link suggests you may not have Express Gate installed on your primary Hard Disk Drive, i.e. you may have to install it using the driver CD with the motherboard.

-- Tom

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/950341