computer losing power and restarting on its own

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

achat

hey guys,i so need help about this, so basically im always running my computer without a battery as i dont have one, and i recently had some problems with the AC adapter and the port , but i got a new one and i fixed the port as it wasnt that stable on the motherboard, i had to find the perfect position for the head of the AC adapter and get it fixed on that way and most of the time it moved and the computer shut down which was annoying, but now when i plug it in and run the computer it runs perfectly for about 15min, then it acts as usual ,even without touching it at all, the thing about this is that it doesnt just shut down, sometimes it restarts by its own , and sometimes it slowly loses power and turns into sleepby mode, knowing that this happens only when you have a battery not while you're using an AC adapter only, so what is driving me crazy is to know what is the problem im sure its not related to the adapter but what is it ?

plead help me i need your help as soon as possible , thank you

P.S : my computer restarted itself twice when i was writing this so i had to use another computer to post it

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If by this
i fixed the port as it wasnt that stable on the motherboard, i had to find the perfect position for the head of the AC adapter and get it fixed on that way and most of the time it moved and the computer shut down
you mean it was achieved by taping or securing in some other way the power connection to the input socket then the problem will never be solved until the power input connection is re-soldered to the board
Any attempt at troubleshooting a problem whilst that `Fix` is in use is a lost cause.

achat

hi , thank you for you replay ,
yea i meant it was re soldered to the board, also if it wasnt well re soldered and the problem was still in the input the computer wouldn't restart consistently every 15 minutes without it being touched as far as i know

achat

sure, here it is :

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Édition Intégrale, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2943 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 44899 MB, Free - 8527 MB; D: Total - 31316 MB, Free - 4525 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., A6JC
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would like you to run this please and post the results
Download MGADiag to your desktop.

Double-click on MGADiag.exe
Click - Continue
Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default).

Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard.

Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have seen your new topic
I am sorry but I do have enough knowledge of that to assist you
Would you kindly mark this topic solved by clicking the mark solved button on your post
Good luck with the new computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online