1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer magazine

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by kurlylox, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kurlylox

kurlylox Thread Starter

Whats a good computer magazine to get? I want to get my hubby a subsription to one for Valentines Day. Any suggestions?

He isnt a game player, but he loves the technical stuff. He has beesn trying to learn Linux . any suggestions would be helpful.

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

I've subscribed to PC Magazine, PC World, Computer Shopper, Mac Addict and Macworld. All are good mags.

PC World is considered by many to be the best.

For Linux, check out www.linux-mag.org, www.linuxjournal.com or www.linuxfocus.org.

I'm sure he'll enjoy reading whatever subscription you decide upon. :) Good gift idea!

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Smart Computing is good as well!

4. griffinspc

griffinspc

PC World is my choice for overall tech, tips and reviews.

If he really likes tech then the best I've seen is Maximum PC. This is for real hardcore users/builders. Midrange pc's to them are high range to anyone else and the reviews are based on incredibly complex and stringent guidelines.

You won't find a review of a $400 e-machine. The mag is the most expensive subscription around. You can get the detailes here:

http://www.maximumpc.com/

I used to subscibe but the price was a little steep for me with pcMag and pcWorld also coming in.

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Next to Maximum PC, is linuxWorld and 2600 quarterly. :cool:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice