1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer makes a 'click' then freezes when i try to play a game??

Discussion in 'Games' started by gvargo, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gvargo

gvargo Thread Starter

Alright you guys, this is going to be kinda long, i need to explain the story here.

The Problem

What's happening is this: Whenever I try to play any game at all, when i get into the main menu, like the first menu in Warcraft3, or after i log in World of Warcraft and enter the world... my computer makes a 'click'. And after that the fans start to slow down, but in like half a second, it seems like it catches itself and the fans speed up again, but the screen is frozen. Last time this happened it went to a blue screen and i had to restart.

What I've Tried

My friend suggested it could be my Audigy2 Sound Card, because it was the last thing i had put into my computer. So i took that out, and uninstalled all the software and reinstalled the motherboard sound drivers, and the problem dissapeared for about two weeks.

I've updated my videocard drivers, to the latest version. I've done a directx diag test, everything passed. I've posted this in hardware beacuse i believe its a hardware problem? But i have NO idea what the heck the root of the problem could be.

I would think it was my videocard, but i just had the videocard's fan replaced, and while it was in, they did some benchmarks on it, now that i think of it, the problem didnt start until after the new fan was installed. Could the videocard fan be causing such a huge problem?

I am in a world of pain here

System Specs

AMD 2500+
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    1gb Kingston ram
    ATI 9600 Pro (Catalyst 04.12)

If anyone has experienced anything like this, please post your fix's or idea's! ahhh thanks in advance.

2. cheese

cheese

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/312699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice