1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer management software

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mec1234, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mec1234

mec1234 Thread Starter

I have been asked to research computer managememt software for our small/medium company. We have 80 machines in our office running Win2k sp2. We have a LAN and are running Win2k advanced server. What we are looking for is inexpensive software that will allow helpdesk tech's to correct user problems on their machines from one location, rather than have to go to the office they are located in -- remote desktop control, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions, or where I should start looking?

Thanks

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

you mean something like this

not recommending this product...just making sure I understand what you want.

3. gkimble

gkimble Account Disabled

I am in charge of our helpdesk at my company. You have 2 good soulutions. One is PC Anywhere and the other is called VNC. Now VNC comes with a program called Ideal Administration. You can remote control ANY computer in your network this way. VNC is free. Check out these links below.

www.pointdev.com download or buy Ideal Administration 4.40

www.symantec.com buy PC Anywhere 10.5

http://www.realvnc.com/download.html

the VNC Server goes on the users machine and the VNC Viewer goes on the Tech's machine.

If you have anymore questions, email me at:

[email protected]

4. mec1234

mec1234 Thread Starter

Thanks for the information -- I'm compiling a list to submit to my boss. I think that the VNC and Ideal Administration are more what we are looking for and can afford.

I would like to use PCanywhere, but we let our licese expire and they don't want to spend that much to upgrade. Thanks again!

5. AlbertB

AlbertB

You might also try looking at Remote Administrator by Famatech at their site www.famatech.com.

Although I have had bad experiences with the software, having it placed on my machine unwanted and used as a hacking tool, this was due to my not having a working firewall in place and not through any fault on Famatech's part! In the Famatech forum I have seen other more expert users comparing VNC and other software and there is strong support for RAdmin over these others, (as you would expect).

If you want a laugh post your thoughts on the forum and tell them Albert Burton recommended you have a look at them, they know me by now!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117267

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice