1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Mess

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KyleReeder, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleReeder

KyleReeder Thread Starter

hi, i posted a few weeks ago concerning my problem that my computer turned off at totally random times, i took everyone's advice and it now only does this once every few days, thanks. But now programs (games) exit to windows and/or crash daily, ive tried nearly everything.. i was just wondering if this seems weird...

When i click on "sound, video, and game controllers" in the device manager (btw i have windows xp).. it displays all of the following..

Audio Codecs
    Creative Wound Blaster AudioPCI
    Game Port for Creative
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

Please feel free to flame me, but before i installed windows xp i remember only have 3 items here. Could this be a problem ??
    i use soundblasterPCI 16bit.

Thanks in advance to anyone who posts :)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You appear to have a pretty standard lineup of items there. I have an almost identical set, except for different sound card. This doesn't look like the problem.

Refresh my memory, what improved your original problem? You could need a double dose of whatever it was.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice