Computer Mess

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KyleReeder

hi, i posted a few weeks ago concerning my problem that my computer turned off at totally random times, i took everyone's advice and it now only does this once every few days, thanks. But now programs (games) exit to windows and/or crash daily, ive tried nearly everything.. i was just wondering if this seems weird...

When i click on "sound, video, and game controllers" in the device manager (btw i have windows xp).. it displays all of the following..

Audio Codecs
Creative Wound Blaster AudioPCI
Game Port for Creative
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
Video Codecs

Please feel free to flame me, but before i installed windows xp i remember only have 3 items here. Could this be a problem ??
i use soundblasterPCI 16bit.

Thanks in advance to anyone who posts :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You appear to have a pretty standard lineup of items there. I have an almost identical set, except for different sound card. This doesn't look like the problem.

Refresh my memory, what improved your original problem? You could need a double dose of whatever it was.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online