Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer noises

744 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
https://youtube.com/shorts/SzFiaZNtCWo?feature=share
My computer has been making this kind of noise for a while now every time it runs a game
I'm not very knowledgeable in computer and I couldn't find any video or article that showed the same sound that I was having.
The computer i generally new and was custom made by someone I know
It doesn't seem to be affecting my computer's performance but the noise sometimes gets very loud, and i'm not sure how to troubleshoot it
Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, @Iab3. It's difficult to tell off-hand, but it may be one of your fans grinding against the fan housing, or even an issue with the ball bearings in the mechanism.

I would power down the PC, disconnect the AC power cord for it, hold in the power button for 1 minute to discharge the capacitors, and then disconnect the power from each fan - one by one - making careful note of where it was plugged in before you unplug it. Repeat the process each time of powering down before you unplug the fan to mitigate against any discharge. After you've unplugged each fan, plug in the AC adapter and power on the PC to boot. Let it sit for a while and figure out if it's still making that noise. If not, you've found the source of the issue.

#7 ·
You can take a empty paper towel roll tube and put it up to your ear to pinpoint the area, I does sound like a fan scraping the housing, may be a front fan, your back fan definitionally needs to be cleaned. I saw something move on the board in front of the memory at the very last of your video. Check your GPU fans and make sure there is not a wire rubbing up against them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.