1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Not Booting After Sleep Mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bauer24, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bauer24

bauer24 Thread Starter

Hi,

I currently have a genuine 64bit version of Windows 7, it's installed on my brand new PC with an Intel Q9550, ATI XFX 4890 graphics card, 4gb RAM. The PC is connected to my BenQ monitor with a DVI output. Earlier today i accidentally put my computer into sleep mode, my brother not knowing it was on sleep mode, turned the PC on/off from the mains and noticed it was not booting fully.

The computer powers on, there is no "beep" and i get a message on the monitor saying no signal detected . The mouse and keyboard are not working during boot up. I have tried resetting and shutting down, but the problem remains. I hope i don't have to format as i have not backed up the data for some time.

Thank You.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Try clearing the cmos, consult your mobo manual on how to do this.

After doing this you may need to enter the bios and set the date and time, and any custom settings you may have had.

3. bauer24

bauer24 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply, would clearing the cmos require access to the bios menu? if yes, it can't be done as i can't access anything, upon bootup i get a blank screen

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Clearing the cmos does not require access to the bios, if it is a desktop PC, unplug the power cord and open the PC, remove the cmos battery from the motherboard for a few minutes, reinsert it.

There are other methods, that is why you should consult the mobo owners manual for the proper method.

5. vicks

vicks

I believe, that if you disconnect all power and open the computer, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes, then reinsert it, this clears it. That is why you would need to reset the date/time and any other special settings you have.
    vicks

6. bauer24

bauer24 Thread Starter

Thank for the replies, appreciate any help. I've contacted the vendor from whom i purchased the PC from, and they suggested re-inserting the RAM or graphics card. I Forgot to add when i switch the PC on, it automatically shutdowns, and powers on again to a blank screen saying signal not detected.

where exactly is the battery on the motherboard? Should in un-earth myself beforehand?

7. vicks

vicks

When you look inside the 'box' it is a little thin battery about the size of a quarter. Usually pretty easy to see.
    Vicks

8. bauer24

bauer24 Thread Starter

I followed the guide on the motherboard manual, and the computer now boots normally into windows 7, thanks so much for helping me out :)

9. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Glad we could help.

You are welcome from all of us.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/903009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice