Computer not displaying video after power outage

Ariel2030

Then you need to start swapping parts. I would start with the pw supply since that is about the easiest thing to swap.
I see I do not have replacement parts is there any way I can fix this without replacement parts? + my power supply is no modular so that would take forever lol

crjdriver

It takes at most 10min to connect a test pw supply. You only need to connect atx and aux/cpu pw. Hit the ON button and see if the board will POST.
can fix this without replacement parts?
Other than swapping parts, the only other option is to take it to a shop and have them fix it for you.

managed

Allan
You can try removing the Graphics card and then connecting the Monitor to the Graphics from the motherboard.
Also you can usually connect a spare power supply without swapping it into the case, by removing the connectors from the original supply and replacing them with those from the spare.

Ariel2030

I think my power supply is underpowered for all of the hardware I have any way which is bad. going to give you guys an update in a couple of weeks once I get a new Power supply.

Ariel2030

image.jpgimage.jpgSo I ordered a power supply tester to be sure and it’s beeping and stating 0ms PG I’m assuming that means that it’s the power supply that got zapped

managed

Allan
Did you try removing the graphics card and using the motherboard's graphics connector as I mentioned in post #18 ?

managed

Allan
That PG 0 ms looks bad so I think you will need a new Power Supply Unit (PSU).

Ariel2030

So I got a new power supply it’s a Evga 650 g+ and it started working for a good day or two. And then I got the blue screen error, irql not less or equal. Now I cannot boot into my pc just like before I have power but no display.

crjdriver

irql not less or equal.
That error is very often ram related. Pull out your ram and blow the slots out with a can of air. Reinstall and be sure the ram chips are fully seated. Next test with memtest Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
You will need a working system to make the bootable usb. Once you make the bootable usb, boot your system and run memtest for at least 1hr. If there are no errors, then the ram is probably fine.

Ariel2030

Luckily I was able to get back into my system by cycling the ram. I then opened CMD and ran sfc /scannow It found and repaired corrupted files. I'm going to look a bit deeper into testing my ram and update you guys to see if maybe something was shorted or broken in the outage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online