computer not finding everything now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sweetcheekies

Ok a few days ago i was on my computer and the hydro went out.. my computer has been acting funny since... its sometimes really hard to even get it to connect.. i sit on the winxp loading screen for ever and it goes no where... and each time that happens and each time i finally get back on the net... something is messed up.. this time its not reading my USB ports right.. I dont know how to check those... it tells me my printer is off line and my web cam.. please tell me what to do and what information you need and I will post it as soon as i can .. thanks for the help in advanced.. I run winxp pro..

SweetC

When in XP, do a System File Chack.

Start - Run - type "SFC /scannow" and enter
Do not type the "", and be sure to put a space between "SFC" and " /scannow"

If successfully entered, a dialogue box will appear and tell you of progress, will take quite a few minutes to check everything before it exits automatically

If nothing happens, its been incorrectly entered, try again.

This replaces all damaged system files that probably got corrupted when the power went out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online