Computer Not Found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

justacruzr2

I'm having a little problem with Norton System Doctor (NU 2002) working on my Win XP Pro installation. At first it would not work at all and would "hang" the computer whenever I started Norton System Doctor. A little experimenting resulted in NSD working (sort of) as long as I disabled the RAID controller card (some sort of conflict?). However it still will not
allow me to customize the performance data sensors. It gives me a "Computer Not Found" message. Have uninstalled and re-installed it 6 times but no change. This is a multi boot computer (eMachines 633ids) and NSD works as it should when I'm in Win ME and Win 98SE. It also works just fine on my other computer (HP Media Center). Both the emachines XP Pro installation and the HP Media Center XP Pro installation were done from the exact same CD. Have messed with this problem for some time and am at a loss trying to solve it. Obviuosly I would also like it to work without disabling the RAID controller card too. Any ideas?

At a guess you need to install the raid controller drivers at XP install.
You need the drivers on a Floppy drive from memory.
As it installs xp it will ask to install drivers press F6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online