1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Not Posting ....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Serge_N_Gin, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge_N_Gin

Serge_N_Gin Thread Starter

A few nights ago my computer randomly restarted when I was watching TV. But when it turned on the monitor didn't come one, and the computer didn't make the initial beeping sounds. just all the fans came one. I tried pretty much everything i could think of to fix this. unplugged everything from the back except for the power and monitor, i then tried with one stick of ram in then tried the other, with the GPU and ram removed from the computer, no hard drives plugged in. and Ive tried with another power supply. still with the same results.

just some information on my system:

mobo: asus P5QL pro
    ram: OCZ reaper ddr2 800hz
    GPU: ati 4870
    CPU: intel e7300
    PSU: corsair 620 watt​

BTW, I tried my friends corsair 650 watt PSU and it still wouldn't post ... I am now out of ideas,

Can anyone please help me?

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

start from scratch , have comp on its side with you looking in, take everything out ram, gpu etc plug in turn on see if mobo light is on or if fans start , add componentrs one by one after each turn on/off

i had one the other day just the same totally knackered it was did above and now fine but i have no flipping idea what i did

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice