1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer not recognizing secondary hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wildwaffle, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildwaffle

wildwaffle Thread Starter

Well, I recently installed an internal hard drive onto my computer, and it was recognizing it for at least a week or so. But now, it doesn't even show up that it has been installed or being used on my computer and won't let me access it at all. It's not even on My Computer. I tried reinstalling it, but it won't work. What should I do?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Can you hear or feel the problematic drive "spinning up"?

If he drive is not "spinning up" 1st check the voltage on the power source connected to the drive. If the power source voltage is correct, and the drive is not "spinning up", then you may have a defective drive controller board.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you see it in Disk Management?

Right-click Computer > Manage > Disk Management.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice