" Computer- not sending a signal to my monitor..." Follow up-

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ginxed999

Well- I tried everything- Trying a PCI card... removing the battery... replacing the battery- tried another monitor... all my devices are getting power to them.... so i think im stuck with a busted mother board -_-

for everyone that helped: thanks so much for all the help!

if there's anything else i can try before i burry my mother board in the back yard im all ears :)

I reread going through your other post. Did you try reseating the RAM as suggested? If you have more than one stick of RAM trying one at a time can be helpful. If no change disconnect all drives and addin cards except the video card with monitor. Other potential problem areas would be the power supply and motherboard.

ginxed999

norton850 said:
I reread going through your other post. Did you try reseating the RAM as suggested? If you have more than one stick of RAM trying one at a time can be helpful. If no change disconnect all drives and addin cards except the video card with monitor. Other potential problem areas would be the power supply and motherboard.
Ok- I tried reseating the ram into another slot- and then i tried removing all other hardware from the mother board- (Other devices in ports... Hard drives, cd-roms, 3 1/2 floppy drive) and the screen works!! I get an error about a "Rom Checksum error"

try one thing...if your motherboard has the 4-prong receiving plug that utilizes the...I believe it's 5 volt pwr from power supply...make sure that 4-prong plug from ps is plugged in the mboard. I had the same prob before...scratched my head for a week and then bam! Looked right in front of me and saw that I had not plugged that in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online