1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Not Starting Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zeli, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zeli

zeli Thread Starter

My computer was working fine yesterday, however, today when I was playing a game, it was really slow. I decided to restart my computer and now the startup is extremely slow. It eventually reaches a black screen with a blinking white dash, but progresses no further. I've tried unplugging everything inside the computer and replugging it back in(I built this computer), but I end up with the same problem. I've reached the point where I was going to reformat the computer. It loads the CD, but when I get to the screen with the Windows logo, it stops there. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

When you are seeking help you need to post your system component specs. Motherboard; EXACT make, model and revision (if applicable). Processor; EXACT make, model and stepping. Memory; EXACT make and model. Graphics Card (if installed); EXACT make and model. Power Supply; EXACT make and model. Provide links to the components. Also post the operating system.

If the machine is a mass produced machine such as Dell, Gateway, HP, etc. post the EXACT make and model as there may be known problems with certain makes and models.

No one can diagnose a problem without knowing the EXACT components you used in the build or the EXACT make and model of a mass produced machine.

3. zeli

zeli Thread Starter

Sorry about that.

Here are the specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A87 AM3+ AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
    Memory: ADATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model AD3U1333B2G9-DRH
    Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100338L Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    PS: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

Did you check the Asus site of supported processors for your board to see if your processor was listed as a supported processor?

5. zeli

zeli Thread Starter

Yes, the CPU is supported by the motherboard.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice