1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer not starting up!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m4tt2, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. m4tt2

m4tt2 Thread Starter

I built a PC a couple of months ago and it's been running fine ever since up until a few days ago when it randomly turned off, I just turned it back on and it was fine, there was no evidence of overheating so I just ignored it. It happened a few more times and the last time it happened it just wouldn't turn back on, bootup, no fans, or anything. The MB is getting power because my iPod still charges through USB and my LAN Ethernet port lights flash when I plug in my LAN cable.

I've taken it all apart and reassembled it checking for any short's, I've reset the CMOS, taken the PSU apart to check for burnt out resistors and fuses, the external power cables are all fine, the CPU looks fine.......now I'm running out of ideas and would appreciate any help on the matter.

Specs
    ------
    AMD X2 5200+
    NFORCE4M-A
    ATi Radeon X1650 Pro
    4Gb DDR2
    350W PSU
    Creative Audiology Sound Card

Thankyou in advance (y).

2. mclarenvj

mclarenvj

hmmm.... im not too sure about your PSU being powerful enough for 4GB Ram....
    maybe upgrade to a 500W+ to future proof yourself

3. m4tt2

m4tt2 Thread Starter

Yea, thats my main concern atm. I'm going to test a more powerful PSU later on this evening and will probably purchase one soon anyway so I'm hopeing that is the problem. But its worked fine for 2 months.

4. mclarenvj

mclarenvj

even so.. you pc might not have needed all the 4GB of RAM

5. DefConDelta

DefConDelta

Also, do a memtest. You may have a bad ram stick.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice