1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer not turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrowQuirk, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowQuirk

BrowQuirk Thread Starter

Hello guys!

I just joined up because my frustration has peaked beyond levels with which I am able to function logically. I custom built this computer about 6 months ago, did all the research, got some feedback, ordered the parts, and put it together. Well, it worked splendidly for about 3-4 months with little to no issue, certainly not with the hardware. Well, I moved from Wisconsin to Florida, and the tower took the trip with me, between car rides and a flight. It hasn't worked since I arrived in florida over 2 months ago. I did some trouble shooting, and I've replaced both the motherboard and the power supply... so far, it hasn't made a difference. And now with 120 dollars extra down the drain for no apparent change, I am prepared to break something. I could use a little help.

My computer specs are:

Asus A55BM-E Motherboard (new)
    EVGA 600 B 600W Power Supply (new)
    8 GB of Ram ( G-Skill Ripjaws)
    AMD Athlon x4 CPU
    Radeon HD4650 Graphics Card
    All packed up in the HAF CoolerMaster 912 case.
    2 TB HDD

I have tested the power supply with a paper clip as suggested, and I even did it after plugging in all of my fans and HDD/Disk Drive. All worked for the length of time that I had the paper clip in the slots until I tried plugging in the CPU outlet, at which point it would flash on, and then turn immediately off. When I plug the power supply into the motherboard, the power light comes on the motherboard, but the power button on the front of the desktop does not work, does not turn on the fans, does not respond at all. I have been working on this problem for months... now I'm finally asking for the public's help. Please.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.

2. replay

replay

1st thing to do is take the mobo out of the coolermaster case nad do a "out of case build"
    put it on the mobo box
    connect just the psu (24 pin & 4/8 pin power plugs)
    one stick of memory
    and ofcourse the cpu
    u might want to reset the heatsink/fan incl' thermal paste
    connect the monitor
    touch the power on pins and see what happens

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice