1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer not turning on.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jenisbro, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jenisbro

jenisbro Thread Starter

Heres the deal, i recently completed building another computer, but when i push the power button.. nothing happens, i've tested it out with a working button, nothing! The power supply works, in fact, when i turn on the power supply, the light on the motherboard lights up. Everything is plugged in, jumpers in their rightful places, everything is compatible. I have never had this happen before, well i have, but its always been something stupid i forgot to do. the system specs are: 600w PSU, ASUS p5nd2-sli (i've read the user guide front in back, nothing in there was helpful) Pentium D 830, 256 mb DDR2, dvdrw drive, 500gig SATA seagate barrucuda, geforce 7300 gs. the system isnt complete, i still need to get ram and a video card and an os, but i had some spare parts laying around and i wanted to test it all out, and install the drivers

2. bigbear

bigbear

3. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

There is a 4pin cable from the power supply that feeds the CPU in Intel based mobos. I forgot to add it in the slot and had similar problems with my Core 2 Duo based machine...I fugured it out later and wanted to bang my head against the wall!!! This slot is usually near the CPU socket.

4. jenisbro

jenisbro Thread Starter

It ended up that the motherboard was grounded on the case, i put it in a different case and it works great!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/587801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice