1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer offline/online status

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vegaredo, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vegaredo

vegaredo Thread Starter

Is there a program that works with windows 7 that have a webinterface and can monitor if a computer is online or offline, just like logmein can?

I'm going to use it on an exam system.
    Users boot up trough usb in a windows 7 tiny version using winbuilder.
    So need an easy program that can monitor if a computer is online or offline trough a webinterface to i know that the students uses the exam system and not their own.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you know the IP's of all these machines?

3. vegaredo

vegaredo Thread Starter

No. Like logmein works.
    You use the computer name as referance.
    Could use logmein, but it's to complicated. I don't know where it stores it's configuration files nor what files and services that needs to run, so need an easy program with webinterface that can monitor that
    computername: Eksamen1 : status; Online

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

How are these connected? Are they on the internet or on a local network? For any machine to announce its presence on the network, other than through answering a ping, you will need a server installed on each machine. Or at least the machines will need to explicitly send some notice of their presence. A network map would show the machines if they are on a local network, but you can't do that over the internet.

5. vegaredo

vegaredo Thread Starter

They are all connected trough the internet:)
    Look at logmein solutions if you don't understand what i mean:)
    The problem with logmein is when i though i had all the files it always shows: Could not attach this computer to LOGmein account please open LOGmeIn and confirm your account details.
    If you don't know the solution on the first question, maybe you can find out where logmein stores it's configuration?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/999766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice