1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer only turns on with power supply and no display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Merktwisted, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Merktwisted

Merktwisted Thread Starter

I built my computer about 5 months ago everything worked fine and I quit using it for about a month ago and I had problems when I turned it on like it would turn on and off constantly so I replaced the psu and I got a gpu cause I got a deal on it but now the computer turns on right away when the switch on the power supply is turned and the power button on the case only turns the fan off and not the mother board and also doesn’t show anything on the screen I also tested the ram to see if they died but they were not the problem

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Merktwisted, and welcome to TSG.

How about giving us manufacturer's names and full model numbers for ALL of the items you mention in your post.

How did you test the RAM modules to know they were not the problem?

Have you tried operation with the new PSU but without the new GPU?

I may not be able to come up with a solution, but the above information could help someone else here to help you.

3. Merktwisted

Merktwisted Thread Starter

I have a i5 7500 and msi b250 Krait gaming motherboard just got a evga 55pw gold g3 and a asus strix gtx 1070 and I tried taking the ram sticks out and putting them in different spots and only using one at a time

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

upload_2018-11-13_13-5-49.png upload_2018-11-13_13-5-49.png

Are you sure you have the right wires from your case attached to the right pins on the mother board?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice