Computer only turns on with power supply and no display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Merktwisted

I built my computer about 5 months ago everything worked fine and I quit using it for about a month ago and I had problems when I turned it on like it would turn on and off constantly so I replaced the psu and I got a gpu cause I got a deal on it but now the computer turns on right away when the switch on the power supply is turned and the power button on the case only turns the fan off and not the mother board and also doesn’t show anything on the screen I also tested the ram to see if they died but they were not the problem

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi Merktwisted, and welcome to TSG.

How about giving us manufacturer's names and full model numbers for ALL of the items you mention in your post.

How did you test the RAM modules to know they were not the problem?

Have you tried operation with the new PSU but without the new GPU?

I may not be able to come up with a solution, but the above information could help someone else here to help you.

Merktwisted

I have a i5 7500 and msi b250 Krait gaming motherboard just got a evga 55pw gold g3 and a asus strix gtx 1070 and I tried taking the ram sticks out and putting them in different spots and only using one at a time

upload_2018-11-13_13-5-49.pngupload_2018-11-13_13-5-49.png

Are you sure you have the right wires from your case attached to the right pins on the mother board?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online