Solved Computer only works in Safe Mode and keeps on Crashing

HShafique

I have a windows 7 Professional Acer Desktop PC. Recently, whenever I had started it up, after roughly 5 minutes the PC just crashed - it shut down for no reason. After that a series of events have happened with it. First the crashing, then after some time it started freezing forcing me to shut it down by the button and sometimes makes a long beeping sound along with everything freezing. Prior to it started happening, I had a CD put into it and somehow it got stuck inside the CPU. I think this could be linked to it all happening. I doubt there is a virus in it as I made full scans for viruses&Malware using Microsoft Security Essentials. I have also tried using system Restore - at first it worked after using system restore but then after a week or so system restore wasn't making any difference to what was happening.
The PC only works in Safe Mode but I need to be out of Safe Mode to access for volume and other features for work.

Please could someone get back to me.

HShafique

Hello,

Sorry, my wording wasn't was clear - CPU was the wrong term - I think the CD got stuck inside the Console (Computer Box).

Here's how it happened:

I inserted a mini CD- was a drive, I think - which would fit into my disk drive - I took it out and placed another CD into the disk drive. When I put the mini CD back in, it closed the disk drive, it fell out and wasn't secure enough. This is how it happened.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
Open up the computer and get any CD that may be inside the "box".

If the computer shuts down - as in no power - it could be overheating. When you open the computer, clean the dust out from the inside of the computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online