1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Peripherals Don't Work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SkyGuy98, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyGuy98

SkyGuy98 Thread Starter

Help! I am an avid Mac (y) user, but have a couple of older windows PCs (n). I also have experience repairing computers. The computer I need help with is a HP Pavilion m9000. It used to have Windows Vista but I put Ubuntu 14.04 on it. It has worked since I bought it in 2009, but a couple of weeks ago, I tried to turn it on, and the tower booted, but no externals worked (I use a wireless mouse, plug-in keyboard, and HDMI/VGA monitor). I have opened the tower and cleaned inside, as well as looked for loose wires and other problems, but it still does not work. If I could get the keyboard and monitor to work long enough to boot to USB, I might be okay, but the keyboard does not do any input and the monitor does not receive a signal.

What can I do to fix my computer?

Thanks

2. jamesx121

jamesx121

nothing works in the back of the computer ???
    how long ago did U install Ubuntu ????
    I would say to try to print something but U can't get it to show anything on your monitor------
    I would say its either something to do with Ubuntu drivers
    or somewhere where the I/O ports block is soldered to the motherboard is cracked / broke----
    and if the solder is cracked / broke then that would be a repair shop fix----
    U could look on the motherboard to see if any of the capacitors are leaking or swelled
    look burnt-----anything on the motherboard around where the I/O port block is looks wrong--

I'll leave it to the Linux guys here on the site to check Ubuntu with U-----
    James

3. jamesx121

jamesx121

looking on HP support page I could only find 1 m9000 a m9000z

a whole bunch of m90??s but only one m9000

here is a snippit of what I hope is your motherboard I/O block attachment ---
    James
    what is your model exactly ???

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice