1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Posts then freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Photopilot, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Photopilot

Photopilot Thread Starter

I had added a new LCD monitor and played with its rotation features. The next day my computer fired up and got no further than the Mobo setup screen then froze.

I am not sure what I did to corrupt the BIOS but my computer is not happy. Since I have a USB wireless keyboard i was unable to enter the BIOS to try and work something out. I went to the local thrift store and purchased a PS2 keyboard and plugged it in but when pressing DEL to enter the setup mode nothing happens. What should I try next?

2. Photopilot

I need to add this info:
    The computer never gets past the very first screen, the page with the graphics and the Phoenix splash screen. Usually it will go to another page with a bunch of info after that, but it doesn't even get there, so maybe it is not even posting.

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Does it start in safe mode ??
    Tap f8 on restart

4. Photopilot

No but it now gets to the MOBO screen instead with "Loading Boot Menu" in the corner, then freezes. At least I know the keyboard works now.
    Thanks

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Does it make a beep

6. Photopilot

Yes and I need to correct something, the screen it gets to is the MOBO screen all along, it never shows the Phoenix screen.

7. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Does it do the memory test ???

8. Photopilot

Not sure what that is, is it the info screen that comes up after the initial screen? Since it makes a beep then comes up with the MOBO screen and freezes, I can say no.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice