Computer posts then nothing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photopilot

I had done some work on my computer last night but didn't open or change anything. I added an LCD to my dual monitor system a week ago, then last night I changed the cable over to a DVI one. The new monitor was then calibrated using eye one display-2. I also played a little with the rotation feature by rotating the monitor and rotating the system with the ATI catalyst monitor controlling software. Everything worked well.

So today I went to turn the computer on and it got as far as the ASUS motherboard screen.
A8N-SLI Deluxe. with "Press Del to enter SETUP" in the corner. The screen freezes there and even pressing DEL does not get me past this screen. What should I try?

That suggests the BIOS has some setting that it is unhappy about.

If you have a USB or Wireless keyboard, then it may indeed freeze there as the keyboard may not even exist as far as the PC is concerned at that stage. If that is the case, try a PS2 keyboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts