1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Computer power cycling with new GPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brackc3, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brackc3

Brackc3 Thread Starter

Hello! Thanks for any insight in advance...

I’ve just purchased and installed a new EVGA 1080 Ti SC2. Since installing, ive removed all old drivers and installed all new drivers. The problem im having is the computer will power cycle once i’ve launched call of duty black ops 4 after running for just 1-3 minutes. (Very high settings)

The computer boots fine, stays running under no gaming load, but powercycles in game. (No blue screen, error message, just power cycle back to login screen.

850w power supply, i5 4670k cpu liquid cooled, 8gb ram, Gigabyte Z87X-D3H motherboard (attached image specs) only change is new GPU.

Im thinking it could be a bad gpu, bad power supply, or something overheating?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to post the exact pw supply. There are a lot of 850W pw supplies. If it is a seasonic or high end corsair, it should be fine. To test the pw supply, go to the support page for your board and download/install system info viewer;
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87X-D3H-rev-1x#support-dl-driver
    Note you probably have to install app center prior to installing siv. Once you have siv installed, monitor your voltages; specifically 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice; once under a normal load and also while running a stress test ie prime95 or OCCT. Let the stress test run for at least 2min prior to recording voltages. Post that info here.

3. Brackc3

Brackc3 Thread Starter

The power supply is an Azza Dynamo 850W. About 5-6 years old.

4. Brackc3

Brackc3 Thread Starter

Will follow that process and post when I get home from work today. Thanks.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is not a quality pw supply. While it may or may not be causing your problem, I would seriously consider installing a high end pw supply ie seasonic, corsair [AX, HX, or RM models ONLY]

Brackc3 likes this.
  6. Brackc3

Brackc3 Thread Starter

Replaced PCU and no problems. Thank you!

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are welcome. Hopefully you installed a quality unit.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice