1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Power Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by martini585, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martini585

martini585 Thread Starter

I have an e-machine ET1331G-05W and have had many issues with my monitor dimming and also displaying different colors...it is a Dell Monitor which is about 10 yrs old. The monitor dimming to bright red and then displaying different colors of the rainbow are only the beginning of the issues with this computer. Just recently, the computer began freezing and then would sometimes turn on and off by itself. I thought I had a virus, but have done different things to try to solve my freezing problems. I ended up turning my computer back to an earlier time and it works okay so far, but I'm wondering if I have a power supply problem. The really weird thing the computer would do was turn on after I would unplug it and plug it back in without pushing the ON button. I ordered a new power supply to replace the one I have now. I'm almost sure after reading about e-machine ps failures that this is what is wrong with my e-machine. When I had nothing but a black screen...I took the computer apart and removed the battery and was able to boot the machine up, but the fan was running very loudly. I was prepared to start over by wiping clean the hard drive, but I wanted to read more about my problem first before I did something this drastic. I love this computer, but found out it is not very reliable. How can I make this a better more reliable computer? I would like to know if it is upgradeable to make it more powerful and better for playing Sims and various games? It came with Windows 7 Home Premium. It advertised as a good computer for lots of pictures and video playing capability and it is just that. I was impressed with it from the beginning, but noticed it had issues when I would play Sims...it plays Virtual Villagers with no problems, and it will hold tons of pictures, videos, and music with no problems. Any imput about this problem would be appreciated...i'm just a beginner in learning...thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!