1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Power Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MajorTom177, Apr 4, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. MajorTom177

MajorTom177 Thread Starter

Hi I have a Asus GL75VW i7-3610qm with Windows 10 Home. 5 minutes or so after starting up it Cuts off. After turning back on, the system runs normally. Also, the computer seems to turn off after a few hours of being in sleep so I have to do a full startup every day. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

I see it is 6 or 7 years old, have you cleaned the dust out of the fans and cooling vents? I may be overheating. This may be similar to your laptop:

3. MajorTom177

Cleaning fans did not resolve the issue.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Sounds like a temp issue. So it's either still dirty and not cooling properly, or there is a hardware issue (old thermal paste, heatsink(s) loose, or an actual hardware fault).

5. MajorTom177

It seems this only happens if I use Hibernation. Doesnt make sense as a temp issue because It only happens after 3 minutes then after starting back up works fine without any further issue. Plus everything checks out with temp and fan speed moniters. Guess its either hardware or drivers.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Boot the laptop with a linux live usb. If it still has problems, you know the issue is hardware related. IF the system works fine running linux, then you know it is a windows/driver problem.

Use either linux mint or ubuntu for this task.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice