1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer powering on but no display

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by singbah1, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. singbah1

singbah1 Thread Starter

hi; happy new year to all.
    sorry for bothering you at this time but i have a serious problem that will surely lead me to trouble soon and i need you help.
    i have a HP COMPAQ 6715b laptop that is been running window 7 that was brought to at my repairing shop with a broken screen to be replaced. it could power on at the time the owner brought it to me. i then took a working screen from another HP COMPAQ 6710b that had been working fine with the intention of ordering a new on because the customer needed his computer urgently. at first when i instilled the screen from the HP COMPAQ 6710b, it worked for about 3hrs and i then closed it awaiting the customer to come and pick it up. frustratingly when he came for it, it could no longer display.

can someone please help me out of this problem

regards,

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Maybe the power supply? Is the voltage good?

3. singbah1

singbah1 Thread Starter

Dear Phantom010, the power supply is working fine. i have been using the power supply since i receive the computer. i'm currently using it on another laptop. even if i plug it into the damaged laptop the power led lights up and the fan spanning but no display.

thanks

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I wonder if something broke or came loose when you closed the lid and then opened it.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. singbah1

singbah1 Thread Starter

Hi flavallee, i currently still have it closed as i did when it worked/Displayed previously.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've never replaced a laptop screen, so I don't know what's involved in doing it.

My comment was just a thought.

-------------------------------------------------------

7. geek117

geek117

Are the two screens the same part number / compatible? Did you swap the screen inverter as well, or just the display? You could try swapping out the inverter as well (should be a slim electronic board mounted just below the LCD in the top cover, which the LCD plugs into), and see if that returns the display to operation.

8. geek117

geek117

Possible cause, yes. But seeing as how the display was just swapped I would think this is a highly unlikely scenario.

Usually in a situation like this, it could be:
    • Power
    • CPU
    • RAM
    • Motherboard

There are other possible causes, but these are the major ones.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice