1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Computer powers on but screen stays blank

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Somebodyepic, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Somebodyepic

Somebodyepic Thread Starter

I have a older pc running on windows 10 and when I turn it on the fans spin and leds turn on but my monitor and keyboard don't turn on

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Somebodyepic, and welcome to TSG.

Does your computer normally beep when turned on? If so, does it still do so and what is the beep pattern?

Have you made sure the monitor and keyboard are firmly plugged into the computer?

Does it sound like the hard drive is being accessed?

What is the brand and exact model number of the computer and/or the motherboard?

3. Somebodyepic

Somebodyepic Thread Starter

It does not beep and never has, they are both plugged in, I have a msi 970 gaming motherboard and idk if the hard drive is being accessed

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am not finding any information for troubleshooting power-up problems for the MSI 970 motherboard. The owners manual mentions what should be displayed after passing POST, but gives no information for any indication if the board fails POST. Maybe someone else here is familiar with that particular board.

Has this exact setup worked in the past? If, so, has the case been opened or moved since it last worked?

It might help if you gave us a full list of the major parts used to build this computer as well as the brand and model number of your monitor and if you are using a USB or PS2 connection for the keyboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice