1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer powers up but won't boot.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shearlegend, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shearlegend

shearlegend Thread Starter

I was searching the web and my computer froze. When i tried to restart it wont boot. It's not going to the bios screen and there is no power to the PSU keyboard. Everything else seems to be powered fine. Any help anyone?

2. Megabite

Megabite

So do you have any lights....fan spinning etc.........

3. shearlegend

yes there is. everything is working apart from there is no power to the psu keyboard. Also, the fans stay on at full speed. Normally when i reboot the computer the fans start at full speed, then they slow down after 5 seconds when it boots up.

Ive got a mesh tower powered by asus. its a quad core 2.4ghz. Im running 64bit windows 7 ultimate.

4. Megabite

Megabite

Is this a USB keyboard....and can you try another keyboard

5. antech

antech Banned

You mean the computer is booting all OK?
    Try a differnet Keyboard...

6. shearlegend

thanks for the replies. I've just tried another keyboard using the PSU input. I'm going to go to the shop soon to buy a USB keyboard.

The computer isnt booting. All the fan, lights and mouse is powered, but there is nothing on the screen and keyboard isnt powered. There is no beeps either.

7. Megabite

Megabite

Check all the fans are working heat sink fan and Power Supply fan....have you tried another Keyboard yet?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice