Computer Problem (windows wont install even after format)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hyler

Bought a new PC awhile ago, wanted a prebuilt one so I didn't have to assemble and troubleshoot it myself, also to have customer support and a warranty in case of any troubles down the road.

So, after a couple weeks of using it, windows becomes completely unstable and after loads of system restores, defrags, checkdisks, spy(ad)ware/virus scans, and various other troubleshooting, I decide it's time for a full system recovery.

Try to do the system recovery, turns out the recovery partion of the hard drive is corrupt. Nomatter what the boot sequence, it will restore the actual files off the recovery partion rather than the CD that came with it. So I do what I have to, I get rid of the recovery partion

Now that the partion is gone, I can actual have it restore the files off the CD. And it does, works just fine. However all the included software and drivers that came with the system were not loaded on the recovery CD. Now I went back and downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer, but I believe they packaged the wrong device drivers for the system (looked for compatible ones for my chipset elsewhere, but none to be found) because it would always reboot at random times then come up saying a thread was stuck in a driver loop or something of that sort.

I tried one last time to restore everything. I formatted the drive completely to do a fresh install of Windows XP. Now during the Windows installation it goes to the blue screen of death and says "Windows has become unstable".

I'm thinking I'm just going to admit defeat and take this POS back and buy something else prebuilt (this time with the extra service/warranty plan on it), but if theres any more suggestions I'd love to hear them.

SirKenin

Banned
Get rid of it. There's my suggestion. Why the hell go through all that crap for something that should be working, out of the box, no hassles and is under warranty. You did the best you could.. Give it back, say thanks but no thanks, and get something better. ;)

Rukee

Banned
not necessarily, bad, misstimed or incompadable memory can corrupt HDD info too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online