1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hiltz, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiltz

Hiltz Thread Starter

My problem is that when I turn on my monitor, the led light blinks green and the screen is black, I can't access the Bios either. I have tried 2 other monitors and the led lights turn orange - amber color. I know that my monitor works because I used it on another computer. I tried using another video card, that didn't solve the problem.

I contacted Asus, which makes the P4PE 845 intel chipset motherboard, which is installed on my new computer. They told me that my problem is that the monitor is getting a POST and the motherboard is most likely causing the problem.

The Asus technician said I have a these options:

check the RAM,video card, CPU

or exchange the motherboard for the same one but new by mailing it to Asus.

So far I have checked the video card at least 6 times and that didn't solve the problem. I checked the Ram, that didn't solve the problem, and i've checked the AGP driver.

Now I have to check the CPU, i'm afraid I might damage the CPU, thus voiding my exchange for a possible new motherboard not to mention having to buy a new one if this one gets damaged. So im not sure if I should touch it, or exchange the motherboard for a new one. The problem is if I do this, I'll end up paying over $200 for the insurance to cover my motherboard and $99 to get the motherboard installed into my computer.

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

You can take the CPU out, but make sure you have some thermal compound ready when you put your heatsync back on.

3. Hiltz

Hiltz Thread Starter

Thanks for replying Mr_Webmaster, I thought about it and Im just going to go to Mail Boxes Etc and get some insurance on the packaga and mail the motherboard to Asus in exchange for a new one. I appriciate your time and advice, thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice