Computer Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lorisolution

I have had many problems with my computer and I have decided to wipe out everything and reinstall from the disks I received when I received my computer from Dell over a year ago. I have made a backup of all my documents and have copied only the executable files of the programs I want to reinstall that were downloaded from the internet such as the Alexa toolbar, Google toolbar, Adobe reader, Zonelabs, Spybot, Regcleaner, HijackThis and I used Norton System Works for my anti-virus software.

Does anyone know if there is anything else I should do before I wipe everything out and reinstall?

Also, does anyone know of a good anti-virus software that doesn't give problems? I've heard Norton gives problems and my computer also kept telling me it doesn't recognize my anti-virus software that I was using. I don't believe I was ever infected with a virus but I know I probably have tons of spyware on my computer that is also causing problems.

Thank you for any help I can get.

Lori Arriaga
www.christianwomensresources.com

3fs

Not sure what all you need to save, buy anytime I do a reformat, I look at the following for saving:

My Documents folder.
Items on desktop
Favorites
Email address book and email folders
Odd folders added to root (C:\) drive.
Any other places you may have data stored.

lorisolution

Thank you for the quick responses. I appreciate it!
If the Alexa toolbar is spyware, how do I go about finding the ranking
of a website besides the google PR?

Thanks,
Lori

internet explorer has a option for that

there is a plugin fo that in firefox

avant browser has a option for that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online