1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jok3r5458, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jok3r5458

Jok3r5458 Thread Starter

Alright, well my computer has been acting strange lately after I installed my DVD Burner.. Here is what it does when I do something:

When I try to format my computer (Long Way) right after it gets to about 5% my whole computer just shuts off and then it wont turn back on until i unplug it for about 5 seconds then plug it back in.. But me and my bro thought it was the power supply so I bought a new one and its hooked up and that still isn't the problem..

And I also tryed unpluggin my DVD Burner to see if that was it and it wasn't..

So do you guys have any advice on what you think it may be?

Oh and it also does it when I try to burn a DVD movie..

2. rebon

rebon

Common problem is dodgy ram, if you have 2 sticks remove one and maybe it will work? Just a shot in the dark.

3. Jok3r5458

Jok3r5458 Thread Starter

Hello, I tryed to remove some of my RAM from the computer and tryed to see if that would fixed it but still no luck but the problem did get worse now, whenever I click logon "XP" to login to the admin name it loads for about 10 seconds then it shuts off..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice