Computer Ram Brands All The Same?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sharky

I have read there is such a thing as 'cheap' memory ram
for a computer,sometimes called 'value ram'.

is this accurate?

Also i am deciding between buying Kbyte and PNY brand
computer ram. Is one brand better than the other? Both
are on sale locally

Yes there is cheap ram. It is not always compatible with the motherbiard. Most name brand ram has a lifetime guarantee which makes it a better buy also. PNY is good ram, never used the other. I have gotten ram online from crucial.com and it is good also.

Sharky,

You may be refering to Kingston Value Ram. This is a brand name for a Line of Kingston's Memory....not a generic.

Kingston has a decent reputation in the Memory business, and they offer a Lifetime Warranty.

sharky

winbob said:
Sharky,

You may be refering to Kingston Value Ram. This is a brand name for a Line of Kingston's Memory....not a generic.

Kingston has a decent reputation in the Memory business, and they offer a Lifetime Warranty.

like most everyone here, i read thousands of computer
magazines and recall seeing in print 'something about
value ran and avoiding because its actually glued together
or something like that'

i thought i saw kingston 'value ram' on before(like 6 months
ago) and last week i saw kingston ram again but without
the word "value".

i hate to say this but PNY's package looks better than Kingston's.

so kingston's=pny as far as excellent quality. yes, i have heard
crucial is a good place to buy RAM.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online