1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer random restarts

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TreyDawgMT, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TreyDawgMT

TreyDawgMT Thread Starter

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to diagnose this problem, and am not even really sure where to start. I can use my computer for 5 minutes, 30 minutes, or 6 hours, and everything will work fine. As soon as I leave, probably 90% of the time, the computer restarts on its own within about 5-10 minutes. If I happen to come back to the computer in a few minutes and keep using it, everything is fine, but then if I leave it for 10 minutes again, it will probably have restarted.

Thanks!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you sure that it's not sleeping after the 10 minutes of idle?

Check the power settings by going to the search bar and type power then choose Power and Settings. Check to see which of these settings are set to 10 minutes and adjust to your specifications.

3. TreyDawgMT

TreyDawgMT Thread Starter

The Balanced Power Setting were set to "Never" and "Never". The Power Saving one was set to like 30 minutes, I changed it to never and never also, but it wasn't selected.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Check the Advanced settings too for anything that is set to 10 minutes. Other than that, I am not sure what would cause it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice