1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer randomly crashes. HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Fizck, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fizck

Fizck Thread Starter

Hello there, kinda new at this but I will give it a try since my computer is so messed up at the moment!

Alright, as the topic says my computer randomly crashes. I do not get any error messages or such it just goes black as if i would disconnect my power cable (Blackscreen?). I have checked my computers CPU temperature with the program "SpeedFan". It says that my CPU temp is on: 32C. If you ask me this sounds abit low doesn't it? I have tried formatting my computer three times and this still keep happening.

It doesn't really mather what I am doing when this happends but it ALWAYS happends when I try to launch the game World of Warcraft.

My guess: Power Supply is not working properly? Since all my fans are working as they should and the temperature is normal I dont think that the reason is overheating.

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Computer:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
    2.10 GHz, 1,75 GB of Ram
    Power Supply: Ace 500W ATX

The computer is 2 years old and it has worked fine until my father unplugged it when it was still on, the first sign was blue screens directly at windows starting (fixed by formatting) and then this problem accurs and I need HELP!

Dont know if this is necesairy but it wont hurt:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 01:38:33, on 2009-12-30
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [WiseStubReboot] MSIEXEC /quiet SKIP_PPU_DRIVER_INSTALL=1 /I "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\WISC5C1C0F0D62F4DBF81D4D7EF397C228B_9_09_0814.MSI" TRANSFORMS="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\WISC5C1C0F0D62F4DBF81D4D7EF397C228B_9_09_0814.MST" WISE_SETUP_EXE_PATH="c:\nvidia\displaydriver\195.62\winxp\international\PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware.exe"
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
    End of file - 2297 bytes

2. Fizck

Fizck Thread Starter

Please help me! If you guys think that it is the power supply I will rush to the store and buy a new one!

3. Fizck

Fizck Thread Starter

*bump*

4. Fizck

Fizck Thread Starter

bumping once again so that maybe some kind soul will notice..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/889369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice