1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer randomly crashes no BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by switchback, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. switchback

switchback Thread Starter

Hello, My system randomly crashes without displaying a BSOD. I tried to check the minidump files, to see if I could spot anything, but there are no new dump files since August and my machine has been crashing for a while. Could this be a power supply problem? software (windows)? How should I go about troubleshooting this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Windows 7 x64
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.7GHz
    Asus M3A motherboard
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
    4.0 GB DDR2

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. switchback

Yeah, it's currently set to "write an event to the system log" "Kernel memory dump" at "%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP" Where is this file located? in the minidump folder?

4. Phantom010

Yes. C:\WINDOWS\Minidump.

5. switchback

Yeah, there's only a few .dmp files with the most recent one on August 28. My computer just crashed an hour ago and plenty of times in the last month or so, but there aren't any .dmp files.

6. switchback

Is this a symptom of hardware or software issues? My computer ran fine for about a year with no problems and ever since I installed a fresh copy of Windows I have had problems. What should my next troubleshooting step be?

Thanks!

7. Phantom010

I would need to see the minidumps to know that.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice