1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Randomly restarting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kurumiz0r, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kurumiz0r

Kurumiz0r Thread Starter

Well lets see. My computer will randomly restart at random times. I dont know why it does it, and Im not sure what makes it, my guess is either my OS is trash or my processor is overheating (which I highly doubt)

(actually while I was typing the specs, my comp just started running EXTREMELY slow, it might be Viruses, but ive scanned with PC Cillin AND Norton, I got rid of em, but they just come back... all of em.)

My Specs are.
    Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    2x 512MB DDR2 800 Dual Channel
    Intel P4 3.0GHZ W/ HT Technology
    NVIDIA GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express x16
    Antec Trio 650W
    Networking is by NVIDIA and I also have a NVIDIA Motherboard

This computer is custom made and was built by a Professional.

Thank you for ur help.

2. mt2002

mt2002

The problem could be either the OS, bad psu, processor, or virii.

Please try the following:

1. Go to control panel->System to being up system properties.
    2. Under the Advanced tab, under Startup and recovery, click settings
    The Startup and Recovery dialog box should appear.
    3. Under system failure, insure Automaticlly restart option is disabled.

Now, if the OS (Or possible hardware) is causing the problem, Windows will display
    a bsod instead of restart.

If the problem continues, please run Hijack This (HJT) and post its log here.
    We would need to wait for a qualified member to look at it.

Are there any recent system errors in Event Viewer? (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer)

3. leanne1984

leanne1984

Could be the pagefile being corrupted. Turn it off then on again so that a new one is created and see if that helps. But yes, letting Windows show a blue screen of the problem might determine the route of it, so if you see the word pagefile mentioned then it will be the problem. My PC kept restarting so I moved the pagefile to another partition and it seemes to stop the problem.

4. thechosenone

thechosenone

i have the same problem... and i just did what mt2002 said.. few minutes later blue screen appeared.. all i rember it was written about somekinda page in non page area :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!