1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Randomly Restarting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Armless, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Armless

Armless Thread Starter

Hey guys my computer has restarted 3 times in the last hour and I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. After every random restart, I would get the window telling me that windows has just recovered from a serious error and if I want to send the information. Well, I clicked around and it said these two files were the culprit.

C:\Temp\WER6f90.dir00\Mini040308-02.dmp
    C:\Temp\WER6f90.dir00\sysdata.xml

I was wondering what can I do to stop these random restart. Thanks

2. jrbuergel

jrbuergel

First Name:
    Jim
    Run some system tools and diagnostics to test components and do maintenance first. What may cause these re-boots are some viruses and faulty power supply units. You can go into your Event Viewer, in Administrative Tools, in the Control Panel to check the error and the warning messages there, (first click to select either applications or system on the left side, then just double click one of the messages on the right side to open for details). Also some loose connections and or components inside your PC too may do that random restarting.

3. Armless

Armless Thread Starter

I have ran all my Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware tools and they seem to have found nothing. Since, yesterday there have only been 1 restart. I hope the problem is going to go away, but I will definitely check out the event viewer if it does restart again.

4. Megabite

Megabite

ALso check all your Fans are working and it is not overheating.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!